How to Buy and Sell Ordinals on OKX With Xverse
Learn how to buy and sell Bitcoin Ordinals on the OKX Ordinals Market using Xverse Wallet.
The launch of Ordinals in early 2023 took the Bitcoin community by storm, creating a new thriving market for digital artifacts inscribed onto Bitcoin. To seamlessly trade Ordinals, you need a marketplace like OKX and a Bitcoin wallet like Xverse that supports Ordinals.
Read on for a step-by-step guide on how you can buy and sell Ordinals on OKX using your Xverse wallet.
What is the OKX Ordinals Marketplace?
The Web3 marketplace aggregates listings from other major marketplaces to create a one-stop shop for trading and collecting Ordinals. OKX Marketplace collaborates with Ordinals compatible wallets like Xverse to allow you to buy and sell Bitcoin Ordinals securely.
OKX, based in Seychelles, was launched in 2017 as OKEx but was rebranded to OKX in 2022.
How Does the OKX Ordinals Marketplace Work?
You can access the OKX Ordinals marketplace by downloading the OKX mobile app or visiting their official marketplace website. The OKX marketplace is decentralized, so you don't need an OKX exchange account to use it. All you need is a compatible wallet like the Xverse Ordinals wallet.
The Ordinals marketplace supports searching for Ordinals inscriptions in many categories from the aggregated listings. You can also discover the latest high-ranking collections under the platform's ‘Featured’ section.
The marketplace also allows you to trade Ordinals in bulk, and you can customize your trading strategies using an order book. While there are no platform fees, network fees still apply when buying inscriptions on the platform.
The OKX platform employs advanced security features, such as two-factor authentication, anti-phishing code, and mobile verification, to ensure a safe user experience.
How to Buy Bitcoin Ordinals on OKX With Xverse
Now, let’s take a look at how you can buy Bitcoin Ordinals on OKX with your Xverse Wallet browser extension.
- Go to the OKX Marketplace homepage and click the ‘Inscriptions’ icon on the top left to access Bitcoin Ordinals collections.
- Explore the Bitcoin Ordinals listing to find a collection you want to buy.
- Once you’ve decided on which inscriptions you’d like to purchase, connect your Xverse wallet and initiate the purchase. To do that, click the ‘Connect Wallet’ icon on the top right corner of the listing page.
- Next, click on the Ordinal you want to buy and select ‘Buy Now.’ You can select ‘Add to Shopping Cart’ if you’re bulk buying. Ensure your Xverse wallet has enough BTC to cover the purchase and network fees. Network fees range from slow, standard, fast, and custom.
- Finalize and confirm your transaction. Your transaction is completed once your Bitcoin Ordinals arrive in your Xverse wallet.
How to Sell Bitcoin Ordinals on OKX With Xverse
Now, let’s look at how you can sell Ordinals on OKX Marketplace using your Xverse Wallet.
- Connect your Xverse Chrome Extension to the OKX Ordinals marketplace.
- Click on your wallet address at the top right to view your collection. Select the Bitcoin Ordinals you would like to list, and click ‘Sell’
- Set the price for your Ordinal and select ‘List’
- Finalize by confirming your listing. Once your Bitcoin Ordinal is listed for sale, you can cancel the listing or lower the price.
- Once someone purchases your listed Ordinal, you will receive the payment in BTC, and they will receive the Ordinal inscription they purchased.
Xverse - Your Gateway to the Bitcoin Ordinals Universe
Xverse is the market-leading Bitcoin Web3 wallet, supporting Bitcoin Ordinals and Bitcoin-native assets, such as BRC-20 tokens. The self-custody wallet is available as a mobile app for Android and iOS and as a Chrome extension.
You can securely buy, sell, store, send, receive, and manage all your Ordinals in one place using Xverse.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is OKX Ordinals marketplace Safe?
Yes, the OKX Marketplace is generally considered safe. The platform prioritizes account security through measures like two-factor authentication, mobile verification, and anti-phishing codes. It also features multi-layer encryptions, multi-signature technology, cold storage, and DDoS mitigation systems to protect your privacy and ensure the stability of the platform.
How do you connect Xverse Wallet to the OKX Ordinals marketplace?
You can connect your Xverse wallet to the OKX Ordinals Marketplace in three easy steps: go to the OKX marketplace website and click ‘Connect Wallet’ on the top right corner of the homepage. Then, select Xverse Wallet as your wallet to finish the process.
Stay tuned to our latests news and updates